Passport Acceptance Agency
As a convenience to the community, the Eustis Memorial Library accepts new passport applications on behalf of the U.S. Department of State.
U.S. citizens may apply in person by first contacting the Library for an appointment. By appointment only– please call 352-357-5686 to schedule an appointment.
Where do I go to apply for a passport?
What do I need to bring with me to my appointment?
All applicants must appear in person, regardless of age. All family members must be present for applications to be processed. Bringing requested photocopies of documents will speed up the process during your appointment.
- Check or money order for Department of State fees, one for each application being submitted.
- Check or money order for City of Eustis, Eustis Memorial Library for the $35.00 processing fee, one for each application being submitted.
- A completed application form DS-11. Use a black ink pen. DO NOT sign the form DS-11 until you are requested to sign it by the Passport Acceptance Agent at the Library.
- A social security number for each applicant.
- Proof of identity with photo (one of the following) and a photocopy of both sides of your proof of identity.
- Valid driver’s license (not a temporary or learner permit). Note: applicants with an out-of-state driver’s license must bring a secondary identity document (e.g. expired driver’s license, work or industrial ID, school or college ID) or other proof of identity.
- State ID card
- Official Military ID card
- Government employee ID
- Previous U.S. Passport Book or Passport Card
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship (one of the following) and a photocopy of both sides of your proof of citizenship.
- Original, government issued U.S. Birth Certificate listing parent(s) names, or a certified copy (with a seal) issued by the city, county, or state. Photocopies alone are not acceptable proof. The original will be mailed with the application and mailed back to you.
- Naturalization Certificate
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- Previously issued U.S. Passport
- Proof of name change (marriage license, divorce decree, legal name change) and a photocopy of your proof of name change.
- Applicants ages birth to 15 must be accompanied by parents presenting proof of relationship to the minor child (a birth certificate or adoption papers). Whoever is listed on the birth certificate or adoption papers must appear in person. If two parents are listed, one parent may appear with a notarized consent form DS-3053, and a photocopy of both sides of the non-appearing parent’s ID. A foster parent/legal guardian must present court documents that identify them as the court-appointed foster parent/legal guardian to the minor child. Read detailed information regarding passport applications for children.
- Applicants 16 and 17 years old need only one parent present in most cases.
- One 2-inch x 2-inch color passport photo with a white background for each applicant. The passport photo must meet the State Department’s photo requirements. Photo services are available CVS or Walgreens. You can walk-in during business hours and get two passport pictures on the spot.
What is the cost?
Two separate fees and fee payments are required for each application. Fees vary according to the type of product you’re applying for, whether you’re over or under the age of 16, and how soon you need your passport. The first fee is paid to the U.S. Department of State, and the second fee is paid to the City of Eustis, Eustis Memorial Library.
Learn about current fees and processing times at the U.S. Department of State website.
- First-time passport book for adults 16 and over: $130.00
- First-time passport book for minors under 16: $100.00
- First-time passport card for adults 16 and over: $30.00
- First-time passport card for minors under 16: $15.00
- Optional fees: $60.00 per application for expedited service; $19.53 per application for 1-2 day delivery of passport book combined on the check with the passport book/card fees to the U.S. DEPT OF STATE
Fees payable to the City of Eustis, Eustis Memorial Library:
- Required: $35.00 per application processing fee
- Optional: $19.53 1-2 day delivery of application to processing facility on the check with your execution fees to the CITY OF EUSTIS
- The Eustis Memorial Library does NOT process passport renewals. If you are traveling within three (3) weeks you must call 877-487-2778 to schedule an appointment at the Miami regional passport agency. If your travel is not imminent, you can mail in your renewal application, documentation, and fee. The State Department website has complete information on how to renew your passport.
- If you request “hand-carry” service, a letter of authorization and itinerary are required to show proof of travel within two (2) weeks.
- Expedited service is available at an additional cost of $60 per applicant
- 1-2 day delivery service to return the completed passport book is available at an additional cost of $19.53 per applicant. Note: 1-2 day return service is not available for passport cards.
- If you have had a passport under a different name, please bring evidence to support the name change (marriage license or court-ordered form.
- For children deriving U.S. citizenship through their parents, the following are required: parent’s naturalization certificate, child’s permanent resident card, and child’s birth certificate. If the child’s birth certificate is not in English, a certified English translation is required.
- Regular Passport Books and Passport Cards are valid for ten (10) years for adults and five (5) years for minors under 16 (passport executed before the child’s sixteenth birthday).
For all other passport fees, online application forms, information on required documentation, and a wealth of other passport and international travel information visit the only official website for passport information: Travel.state.gov